Watch this 4-minute Red Label RACE VS Gold Label HD video
Here we briefly breakdown the differences between our two compounds, and what type of rider should choose each respective brake pad compound between our Red Label RACE and Gold Label HD
The General Rule of Thumb
It is easiest to outline who best-serves the Gold Label HD
- eMTBs - the Gold Label HD is specifically (and originally) created for the heavier chassis of an electric pedal-assist mountain bike.
- Riders who are on the heavier side of the scale - 200/220 pounds and up - the Clydesdale category
- Expert / Pro / Cat 1 level DH racers who are going much-faster than the average rider and riding steeper terrain than most
The Red Label RACE suits the following
- The average trail rider, which is 95% of us. Most riders who are honest with themselves and may push their own limits, will love the ultra-smooth feeling of the Red Label RACE.
- Noise-sensitive riders - the Red Label RACE model is dead-quiet in most conditions
- Those who want to boost their corner speed & control with enhanced modulation
Red Label RACE - suit the broadest range of trail riders who need the best of all braking characteristics
Power - Our Red Label RACE has a progressive, strong power-curve.
Modulation - improved modulation with a smoother initial feel
Silence - Dead-quiet in nearly all conditions
See Red Label RACE: https://mtxbraking.com/product/red-label-brake-pads/
Gold Label HD - designed for the eMTB market, riders well over 200lbs, and top-level expert racers
Power+ - A high concentration of our metallic elements and a more-dense mixture of the ingredients (compared to the Red Label)
Control - A special blend of ceramic does a great job maintaining heat
Durability - The Gold Label HD has a strong focus on lifespan, geared for heavy bikes (and riders).
See Gold Label HD: https://mtxbraking.com/product/gold-label-brake-pads/
Please sign in to leave a comment.